Early Morning Choir (E.M.C.) provides an opportunity for students from all grade levels to come together to create a unique choral ensemble. The Harmonix is a special (auditioned) advanced choir. There is no fee to join; the students should simply possess the desire to sing, a Chromebook, have access to zoom and web help tracks.
You can join anytime of the year.
*This year choir shirts will not be needed or purchased until we can meet in person and/or have a traditional concert. In the past: Traditional performance attire is a Blue Herget Choir Shirt (see attached order form $15.00), which are normally purchased in September, and nice black pants, black shoes, and socks or ladies can wear a black dress, or skirt. Yoga pants, leggings, or any form fitting stretching pants are not acceptable and are prohibited. This shirt would be used throughout the year for all performances listed below and will be yours to keep at the end of the year.
- Log-in to zoom each week.
- Follow instructions on how to sing your part of a song.
- Sing-along/Learn parts of a song with tracks.
- Submit a recording of you practicing a song.
- For proof of progress and growth – participation.
- For final virtual choir project video.
If we get back to in-person learning (November):
Students can only attend rehearsal days when they are scheduled to be at school for in person learning. Both red and blue day groups will learn and perform/record the same music.
Performances/Concerts: No formal concerts will take place until it is safe, such as phase 5, but will include:
- A chosen date morning rehearsal recording or streaming (to be shared or combined virtually each quarter in place of the traditional formal concert performance).
- Possible individual student, at home recordings, submitted though Schoology (to be combined virtually).
If or when cleared for in person formal concerts the dates are set as:
- Herget Fall Concert Thursday October 15, 2020 at 7:00PM
- Herget Holiday Concert Monday December 14, 2020 at 7:00PM
- Herget Winter Concert Monday March 1, 2021 at 7:00PM
- Herget Final Spring Concert Monday May 10, 2021 at 7:00PM
Questions or concerns please call or email: 630-301-5794 email: firstname.lastname@example.org